Your safety is instrumental to our mission.
Take comfort that we have a plan.
Our Covid-19 Response
Learn how we are repairing smart and restoring safely to keep you protected.
Since the beginning of Covid-19, we have been operating as an essential business in helping our neighbor’s real and significant home repair needs. Starting in July and August, we are again partnering with our volunteers to meet the increasing need for home repair work in our communities.
However, our work has shifted, and we have implemented guidelines for our staff to lead in ways that are smart and safe for themselves, volunteers, and homeowners. Read below to learn how we are repairing smart and restoring safely to keep you protected.
Since the outbreak of Covid-19, GN has primary focused on home repair work that is open-air and external to the home to most effectively limit contact between people. This practice will continue for the foreseeable future.
- Project Managers overseeing sites have and will continue to dedicate themselves to no more than two projects in different neighborhoods simultaneously. This will localize any exposure and spread of the virus.
- Social distancing will be highly encouraged between families, individuals, and Project Managers to the best of the participant’s abilities. This is in adherence to local government safety recommendations.
- Masks will be optional on the worksite, although we recommend to not wear them for two reasons.
- PA and DE heat in July and August can be dangerous for persons who do not engage in home repair work consistently. Unhindered breathing, water in-take, and free communication are necessary for smart and safe worksite operations.
- If social distancing can be maintained, our need for masks is dramatically reduced.
Thank you for joining with us in positively changing the lives of people by repairing smartly and restoring safely!